Topic: Campus English – Reference Books
主題: 校園英語 – 參考書籍
對話內容:
A: You can’t check out this one. It’s a reference book.
A: 你不能借走這本書。這是參考書籍。
B: What does that mean?
B: 什麼意思呢?
A: That is, you can only read it in the library.
A: 也就是說,你只能在圖書館裡閱讀這本書。
B: But I really need it for my final essay.
B: 但我真的需要這本書,才能完成期末論文。
A: In that case, perhaps you can take photos of the pages you need.
A: 在這種情況下,也許你可以拍下所需頁面的照片。
B: But I need all of the sources in these pages.
B: 但我需要這些頁面中所有的資料來源。
A: You can keep coming back here.
A: 你可以不斷回到圖書館來參閱這本書。
B: That’s so inconvenient.
B: 那太不方便了。
A: It is, but this reference book has to be kept here.
A: 是很不方便,但是這本參考書籍是不外借的。
B: I guess I can do nothing but take pictures then.
B: 我想我也只能拍照了。
A: Sorry about the inconvenience. Rules are rules.
A: 很抱歉給你帶來不便,但規定就是規定。
焦點單字片語:
reference book 參考書籍
source 資料來源
inconvenient 不方便的
Rules are rules. 規定就是規定。